Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cricut,Kids & life

I got my Cricut Expression for Xmas last year from my oldest DD I had wished and hoped for one for sooo long! I'm still learning what I can do with it.I have made a chore chart so far and Valentines Day cards.
I have slowly been building up my cart library so far I have
Plantin schoolbook
Accent essentials
Everyday paper dolls
Doodle charms
Chore chart
Create-a-critter
Once upon a princess
Mini monograms
New arrival
Simply charmed
Sesame street font
Dreams come true
Toy story
 there are a "few" more I'm hoping to add to the list!! I don't think there is such a thing as having "too many" carts LOL I really like the look of Car decals cart.
I just buy mine from eBay. I just yesterday won Tags,bags,boxes & more. seeing as its retiring soon. I was in a furious battle for it!! I had come across three of that cart and lost every time so this one was NOT getting through my fingers!!! cant wait for it to arrive.
I'm really loving my Cricut the only thing I don't like is how small the pictures are in the hand books sometimes,makes it hard to see where tiny pieces go. other than that everything is perfect.I don't know why P.C felt the need to bring out a new model. how can you improve on perfection??!!! I wont be rushing out to get it.I'm more than happy with this Expression.
I do have a hard time finding good thick smooth cardstock here. I have usually bought DCWV stacks from a department store here in Sydney but its all usually textured so it tends to rip while in the Cricut on intricate cuts. I like the stampin up cardstock but its a bit pricey. so I'm stuck for where to get some here that's not too expensive. I'd like to try Papertrey ink's C.S but postage is expensive too..well I suppose I could always start a jar to save towards a PTI order. Maybe every time I don't finish something I'm working on I can put $2 in the jar. I tend to get stuck with my cards and sometimes I just leave them unfinished and start new ones. might make me finish them.
Why is it that when you have to go for a "quick" trip to the store your kids always have other idea's??
my four year old DD thinks its sprinting through the mall time!! always in the exact opposite direction to where I have to go...Grrrr then proceeds to scream when I have finally caught up to her "LET ME GOOOO I DON'T WANT TO GO WITH YOU!" so that it very much looks like I am attempting to kidnap someone else's child! I don't think it will be long before she starts screaming "you're not my Mum!" she just seems to be that kind of kid to do that to me in public LOL
its worse when big DD and I are out with little DD and little decides she wants to go with whoever is going to get something from another aisle so it sounds kinda like "NOOOOO SISSY TAKE ME TOOOO!" or "MUMMMMM WHERE'S MUMMMMMM I CAN'T FIND HER!" so people think shes lost or something. its funny how checkouts magically open for us. I think its just to get rid of us faster.Me trying to hide from the girls because they are usually fighting or screaming like wild things so I'm trying to hide from them! Little is running up and down aisles pretending to be a fairy/race car dodging people with their trolley's surprisingly even in her haste she has beautiful manners "excuse meeee,vrooommm-thank you!"
and big DD is complaining "I'm HUNGRY can we go NOW??" they wonder why I all but collapse when we get home with the groceries!
thank goodness we only have to do it once a week is all I can say!!!
until next whinge...Colette

2 comments:

  1. Hi Colette, Thanks for joining my blog, I'm following you to so we can inspire each other! I can not wait to see your creations! I love my cricut too!!! I hope you win the funshine faces Peachy Keens - they are the cutest! Thanks for playing along with us! I'll have plenty of Peachy Keen prizes on my blog soon, so come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you get back to blogging Colette! And I'll come back. xx

    ReplyDelete